Wednesday, October 16, 2013

WWW Wednesdays October 16, 2013


WWW Wednesdays is hosted by Should Be Reading

To play along, just answer the following three questions…

• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading?
• What do you think you’ll read next?

Clicking on the book covers will take you to Goodreads for more information about the books listed below.

What are you currently reading?

Wild: from Lost to Found on the Pacific Coast Trail by Cheryl Strayed
Still reading. Book club is meeting on Sunday so I need to get on this one.

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum
I got this audio book free. I have seen the movie hundreds of times. It's interesting to hear the original story. 

What did you recently finish reading?

Audrey's Guide to Black Magic (Audrey's Guides #2) by Jody Gehrman
Loved this one just as much as #1. My thoughts will be posted soon. It's a great read just in time for Halloween. 

Walk Me Home by Catherine Ryan Hyde
I love Catherine's stories and this was another wonderful one. 

Black River by Dean Koontz
I took a road trip this weekend so I was able to get some quality audio-book time in. This is about 2 1/2 hours long and very good. Sort of has a Twilight Zone feel to it. I love Dean Koontz.

What do you think you will read next?

The Art of Mending by Elizabeth Berg
This is a reread for me. One of my book clubs selected it for this month. I love Elizabeth's books. I was lucky enough to have meet  and talked with her a few times at our Festival of Books. Such a down to earth person and a funny speaker. 

What's on your WWW this week?

Leave me a comment and
I'll stop by to check out your reads.



Be sure to check the sidebar for my current giveaways!

9 comments:

  1. Wild was good, but I waited til the last minute to finish it before my bookclub too - funny. I haven't read a Koontz book in a while, that could be a fun Halloween type read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping Elisa. I enjoyed Wild more than I thought I would. Funny how I get it in my head that nonfiction books are going to be a drag.

      Delete
  2. I really need to read more Dean Koontz! Happy Reading (and listening!) I posted here: http://lipsyy.wordpress.com/2013/10/16/www-wednesday-16102013/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of forget about him too. I used to read everything that he wrote. Need to get back to that, I think. Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  3. You've had a great selection of books! :-) I haven't read any Dean Koontz, but I've heard great things about his books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really am loving my reading life right now. Koontz is one of my favorite spooky go-to authors, right up there almost as high as the master, Stephen King. Thanks for stopping by Chrissi!

      Delete
  4. I HAVE to read WILD. My friend and so many others just loved it.

    THE ART OF MENDING looks good too.

    Enjoy your books and the rest of the week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My W...W...W...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping Elizabeth! I enjoyed Wild - can't say I loved it. It will be interesting to hear what my other book club members think of it.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for you thoughts on WILD.

      Thanks also for stopping by my blog.

      Have a great day.

      Delete

Thanks SO much for leaving me a comment! Every single one means a whole lot to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...